Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dehner Garden Center


After driving back from an appointment I had today, I saw a HUGE garden center on the way, and of course had to stop....

and it was fantastic!


I'd previously only done my garden shopping in town, where the best option I've found so far is Max Bahr (kinda like a Home Depot type of store). While the seed and accessory selection is somewhat limited, you can get various kinds of soil, some plants, and your basic needs.

At Dehner, I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven! I was in awe. Greenhouses, seeds, fertilizers, plants (incl. exotic ones), garden supplies, my oh my! And it was really huge. Of course I stocked up on some things I really needed - an all-purpose liquid fertilizer, a water can, some red onion bulbs (going to try them this year for the first time), 3 succulents (for a pot indoors), and a philodendron for inside as well.

I really restrained myself.

But now I know where to go for the good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...