Sunday, September 15, 2013

Jalapeno Update

After a long and drawn-out battle against the aphids, my jalapeno plants are finally starting to bloom and produce chilis!! So exciting!

I still have to spray the plants, especially the blooms (yes, even inside the flowers), with water about every other day, depending on how many aphids I see, as well as wipe off any aphids on the undersides of the leaves. Talk about tender loving care - these plants are spoiled! Almost daily care! But it does make me happy to see that my efforts are finally paying off and becoming fruitful...

Also placed one of my two habanero plants outside, too, where it's a bit cooler - this has worked in the past to force blooms. Am keeping one indoors to be safe!

one of my purple jalapeno plants

...with purple flowers!

the normal green jalapeno plants are flowering too, especially my larger one

...and the first pepper is growing! Hurray! Finally!
More updates on these later, hopefully I will then have 3 varieties of peppers to photograph for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...