Friday, April 4, 2014

Hope dies last - a new year, a new season

Are you already planning your garden for this year?

I hope so! I am a bit late getting things going, but here's to a (hopefully) much less meager harvest than last year:

my radish harvest from late-July 2013




While this is an exaggeration of how small my harvest from last year was, it is only a slight one. After all, I did get a few more radishes, some herbs, some green onions, about a handful of beans and peas, and 2 tiny jalapenos...or, as one would say on Skype:
(Skype (facepalm), i.e. hand to stern, shake head)
IF you will remember - last year's garden went very far awry thanks to the construction on my building which lasted ALL summer, leaving not only dust and rubble in my planters but blocked off any sunlight I could have gotten! Am hoping for the best - as they say here, "hope is the last thing to die", which I find very applicable!

In the next post you will see how I got a head start on this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...