Monday, April 8, 2013

Indoor Seedling Progess (with pics)!

So, after about 2 weeks in my little greenhouse, sitting on warm windowsill with full afternoon sun, my seedlings are taking off! Have a look (see this previous post for what the plants are / before pic)!


As you'll notice, some of everything has come up so far, so I'm excited about that. You can't see it due to a big zucchini leaf hiding it, but the upper right corner also has a little chili seedling growing there - just came up a day or two ago. The chilis (everything to the right of the zucchinis) did take the longest to germinate, but I don't mind waiting...as long as they show up I'm happy!

As you can see, I also have a cherry tomato and a large tomato sprouting their second leaves already,which is also happening on the zucchini plants. It better start warming up outside soon so I can get these plants out! Otherwise may have to re-pot them indoors, since especially the zucchinis are running out of room (and overtaking everything).

I also thought that since I planted 2 seeds per hole and both sets came up, I would try to save the extras and give away to friends (since I probably won't have enough space on my balcony for them), so here are the "leftovers":

I just carefully wiggled it out of the moist soil when it was a few inches tall from its hole partner and stuck it in a little shot glass with some water - wasn't sure if there was too much root damage for it to survive, but I figured it was worth a shot! At it seemed to work! The second one (in the background) is trying really hard to recover being half-eaten by a certain cat that dwells here.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...