Thursday, March 7, 2013

First Planting of the Season + Lemonade on the Balcony...

check out those blue and white stripes!
I couldn't resist - I can't wait any longer ..... for SPRING! :)


Today was actually a sunny day and although it's 46°F, it's not terribly windy and actually fairly pleasant for being outside - which means I got started on preparing my balcony for the new season by giving it a spring cleaning!
  1. Make lemonade (see above) for this thirsty gardener: juice lemon, add lemon & juice plus 2 Tbs sugar to a shaker. Add some ice cubes, fill to 3/4 full with cold water, and shake!
  2. Cut off dead parts of any plants that survived the winter (aka some herbs)
  3. Remove dead plants from pots (left them out over winter for the birds and the like to forage in)
  4. Remove leaves and such from balcony, still need to wash the floor so my cat can go out there and not bring the dirt inside!
  5. Removed some old soil from the pots.
  6. Transferred last year's bean soil (see last post) to other pots.
  7. Re-potted some flowers I bought: they are both Primula Vulgaris, a type of primrose. The blue one really caught my eye - it's called "zebra blue". Love it paired up with the orange!
  8. my happy lemon balm :)
  9. Gave my lemon balm a new home - doesn't it look happy?



More cleaning up to come, and tons of planting of course! Keep checking back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...