Friday, March 15, 2013

Piles of snow on my balcony!

Not spring yet on my balcony...
After a few days of really teasing us all here (see last post), winter struck back again, and hard! I think we got more snow the end of last week and the beginning of this week than we've had all winter, no joke! In northern Germany here, winters have the reputation of being pretty mild, which means lots of rain and gray, gloomy days. Not too good for the psyche.

And just when I and several others I know were totally ready and planing (and planting!) for spring, BOOM, tons of snow and freezing temperatures! It snowed a few days straight here, which is quite unusual! We have had more sun, which is strange...

a pre-storm pic, my cat's enjoy the snowfall on the balcony
Anyway, luckily (other than my newly-purchased lemon balm) I re-potted my flowers in pots that I subsequently moved indoors upon predictions of snow and below-freezing temps. They are still doing ok, but as am I, they are looking forward to the great outdoors again!

On another note, it is high time to start your seedlings indoors! Do you have a little indoor greenhouse? If not, don't despair - just keep the seedlings well watered and in a warm place. I've even done silly things like put a clear tupperware over a pot, or draped a plastic bag over it - just until the seeds germinated.

So, am off to start some seeds and do some planning - check back soon for more pics and plans! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...